FIND A WALK
With our network of 160 scholars and professionals based in the major cultural capitals of the U.S. and Europe, Context is uniquely set up to organize educational experiences for corporate and institutional clients in these cities. We frequently help plan entertainment for corporate conferences and also provide individualized walking seminars for traveling executives and their clients.
Our staff of trained travel planners located in offices in Philadelphia, Paris, and Rome, develop itineraries, lectures, excursions, and events for groups up to and in excess of 100 people.
Some examples of what we’ve done for corporate and institutional clients lately include the following:
- Barclays Bank corporate retreat in Rome. We organized a special, after-hours visit of the Galleria Borghese for 50 people, dividing the group into smaller units of 10 and pairing them with Ph.D.-level art historians who teach in American universities and study-abroad programs in Rome.
- World Presidents Organization (WPO), L.A. Chapter trip to New York City. Context designed an afternoon of didactic walks through the city, including Jewish Cuisine and Culture, Art Galleries of Chelsea, and several customized programs. We also organized all ground transportation and lunches for the day.
- Ernst & Young conference in Florence. We developed a specialized orientation walk for 80 participants, divided into smaller groups, for the first day of their 3-day client meeting in Florence. Participants included executives from major European companies. We provided a take-away primer on Florentine history for participants.
- Friends of Florence fundraising trip to Paris. When this preservation charity, based in Washington, DC, organized an educational trip to Paris for its top donors we assisted by arranging a special visit to the Louvre with several of our scholars, as well as a series of walking seminars for the group throughout Paris, and providing an on-the-ground fixer for the group’s organizers.
- Bulgari clients in Rome. As part of our ongoing relationship with this luxury brand, we most recently opened the Villa Farnesina on the banks of the Tiber River for an evening visit and lecture with several of our art historians. This was part of the company’s annual marketing event.
- Salvador Dali Museum trustees trip to Italy. We developed a full-day excursion with bus for 40 people to Villa Lante and Bomarzo with a noted garden historian.
We’re happy to consult with travel planners and destination managers on using our resources to develop learning entertainment for corporate meetings. Simply drop us a line to get the conversation started.
Cucina Napoletana, Cooking in Naples
Cucina Napoletana is an immersion in Neapolitan cuisine from the market to the table and a unique opportunity to experience a home-based cooking lesso...Read More
Do group tours require a minimum in order to confirm?
Yes. Most walks require at least three (3) participants to run. However, there is some variation from walk to walk. As you sign up for a tentative wal...Read More