- From a half-day to 6+ days
How to Book
When requesting a custom tour, it is useful to provide the following details in the form:
- How many hours would you like the tour to last?
- What are your main goals for the tour?
- How long are you in town for? Do you have any flexibility with regards to the date/time of your tour?
- Which sites, venues, or topics would you like to prioritize?
- Do you have any mobility concerns?
- Describe your group’s interests and personality.
- Bilbao for Art lovers - Combining a visit to the Guggenheim and the Museo de Bellas Artes
- Bilbao in a Day - Full Day option including historical orientation the city and a Guggenheim visit
- Guggenheim 'behind the scenes' tour with special access to areas not normally open to the public
- Basque History and Culture tours
- Gastronomy tours of Bilbao and San Sebastian
- Historic Excursion to the town of Guernica that inspired Picasso's iconic work
- Just want a tour of the Guggenheim museum? See our Guggenheim Museum Bilbao tour.
Our private tours are limited exclusively to travelers in your party. They are designed to provide a learning experience that is completely tailored to you and your traveling companions. Private tours give you more flexibility with scheduling (you decide when the walk best fits in your trip), the ability to tailor your itinerary (we'll work to match the itinerary to the interests and dynamics of your group), and more personalized time with your guide.
What if it’s raining?
Tours operate rain or shine, but in the case of inclement weather, your expert will modify the tour so more time is spent indoors. It never hurts to be prepared; we encourage keeping an eye on the weather and bringing along an umbrella, sunscreen, water, or a hat as needed.
Is this suitable for children and / or travelers with mobility challenges?
David, orginally from Scotland, has been living and guiding in Bilbao and northern Spain for many years. David is a published art historian, professional art educator and translator (he translated into English one of the standard guides to the architecture of Bilbao). He has a particular interest in the way the architecture of a city can tell its story, and has a passion for this endlessly curious part of the world.