- 4 hours
Customized Tour of Chicago
“From booking to tour everything was wonderful. The concept of your tours is brilliant, you have selected wonderful subjects/sites and your communication with me was fast, efficient, and personal.”
Something Else in Mind?
- How many hours would you like the walk to be?
- What are your main goals for the walk?
- Which sites and museums would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Give us one or two words to describe your group.
- Take a food tour of Andersonville, a previously Swedish enclave which today boasts a range of delectable cuisines.
- In the company of a chef or food writer, experience the best restaurant city on a personalized restaurant or bar tour.
- Tour Glessner House Museum, a nineteenth century house designed by noted American architect Henry Hobson Richardson.
- Visit Pilsen and the Mexican Art museum in the company of an expert to learn more on Mexican/Latino history
- Dive into the radical labour history of Chicago with an expert.
- Visit a company-planned town, Pullman with a historian to delve back into nineteenth century history.
- Visit the Field Museum in the company of an expert.
- Pre and post-show discussion (theatre or similar) with a musician or expert.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your request and we will be happy to look into the possibility.
When we know more about your time frame and expectations for your custom tour, we can work out the pricing. Pricing for a 2 hour tour begins at $280.
William Huchting is a licensed architect, interior designer and urban planner. A graduate of IIT and the University of Virginia, he and his work have been featured recently in Architectural Record, on the website Mashable, in 100 Resilient Cities and the German publication Archipendium. He co-presented at a conference on Urbanism entitled ”Brooklyn: Move to Detroit” in March, 2017, and taught an architecture studio at the University of Virginia in 2016. He has edited a book on the Farnsworth house and is steeped in Chicago history and food culture.
Sarah Bond is an art historian, independent scholar, and tour guide. Born and raised in Chicago, she received a BA from Williams College and a PhD in Art History from Harvard University, specializing in Medieval Art. She has lectured on a variety of topics and taught at DePaul University. Sarah has been leading customized tours at the Art Institute of Chicago since 2005. Recently, she has developed tours of the newly opened Deering Galleries of Medieval and Renaissance Art, Arms, and Armor. Sarah is also an expert on Chicago churches and has taught and researched in that field. Her church tours take people into the diverse neighborhoods of the city and are a good way to explore local Chicago history, ethnicity, and cuisine.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.