- Expertly-planned 6 day, 5 night itinerary in Florence and Tuscany. Exclusive experience led by an acclaimed professor and enjoyed by lifelong learners.
- Small group size (10-18 participants)
- Uffizi Gallery, Accademia Gallery, Florence Duomo, Boboli Gardens, Wine Tasting in Chianti, and Walking in the Tuscan hills
Get in touch about this Journey
Please note that our Journeys are excluded from promotions.
- Explore: Traverse the rolling hills of Tuscany with the region’s best local guides
- Learn: Private tours to encompass the Uffizi Galleries, Florentine churches, Chianti Vineyards, and more!
- Connect: Exclusive opportunity to learn from a top-class expert, and create memories alongside fellow curious travelers, in a small group of 10-18 participants
- Unwind: Our team of experts on the ground has managed all the details, so guests can relax and enjoy carefree travel
"As a keen walker and nature lover, it is a pleasure to wander through the hills of Chianti, exploring its flora, fauna, and culinary traditions that have evolved in symbiosis with the natural environment. Above all, during stimulating conversations as we sip the exceptional wines of this area, I look forward to sharing our mutual passions for a cultural landscape that has been shaped to perfection by man and nature.” - Professor Kate Bolton-Porciatii
- Arrive from the airport and check in to the hotel
- Meet the group
- Meet Professor Bolton-Porciatti for an orientation stroll
- Welcome dinner together as a group
- Breakfast at the hotel followed by a personalized introduction to the city’s Roman to Renaissance history
- Visit the Medici’s Uffizi Galleries to see masterpieces of Italian art, including works by Botticelli, Caravaggio, Da Vinci, Michelangelo, Raphael, and Titian.
- Experiencing Michelangelo’s David up-close with a leading art historian
- Sightseeing around the Ponte Vecchio, Piazza della Signoria and the Duomo
- Lunch together in a typical trattoria
- Finish the day with a rooftop aperitivo as a group to enjoy panoramic views of the city
- Guests will enjoy dinner on their own, tailored recommendations will be provided for lunch and dinner
- Private transportation will convey us all together to San Miniato, above the city.
- Guided by Professor Bolton-Porciatti, we’ll visit the church and enjoy a private tour of its artistic treasures
- We’ll catch our breath as we take in the view at Piazzale Michelangelo
- Stroll downhill via the Rose Garden into the San Niccolò artisan neighborhood and enjoy a narrated tour of the monuments we’ll pass
- Lunch in the Oltrarno - a fashionable bohemian neighborhood where many Florentine artisans and craftspeople have their workshops
- Afternoon visit to iconic Bardini Gardens and Boboli Gardens surrounding the Palazzo Pitti or opt to enjoy an afternoon at leisure on your own.
- Guests will enjoy dinner on their own - tailored recommendations will be provided
- 1-hour drive from central Florence to Chianti in private vans with drivers
- Leave luggage and set out on foot for a morning walk in the countryside with Kate
- Experiencing the evocative views of the scenery and landscape of the Florentine hills
- Touring the beautiful villages of Montefioralle and Greve
- Lunch at leisure as a group in Greve and then we’ll make our way back to Villa Bordoni
- Cooking class at Villa Bordoni with dinner
- After breakfast at the hotel, we set out on foot to visit Passignano. For those who do not wish to travel on foot, transportation via private van will be available
- Enjoying panoramic views of the idyllic countryside on our way to the Abbey
- A leisurely picnic lunch
- Free time to lounge at Villa Bordoni, enjoying the pool and additional amenities
- Evening Wine Tasting excursion followed by farewell dinner
For more information, we invite you to explore our FAQ Page or get in touch about this Journey. To reserve a spot on this tour, you can either place an order from this page or email us. We will charge a $1000 non-refundable deposit to reserve your place, with the balance due 3 months before travel. A single supplement will apply to individual travelers who wish to have a private room.
A British-Italian citizen, Kate Bolton-Porciatti is a professor of Italian cultural history and music at the Istituto Lorenzo de’Medici in Florence, where she teaches BA and MA courses in the humanities. She also lectures regularly at the British Institute of Florence and the Chigiana Academy in Siena. Kate first lived in Italy in the 1980s in order to write her M.Phil. thesis - an interdisciplinary study exploring the musical and artistic culture of early Renaissance Florence. Later, she married a Florentine and came back to enjoy ‘la dolce vita’ permanently! From 1989 to 2005, Kate was a producer and broadcaster for BBC Arts & Classical Music in London, for whom she made hundreds of documentaries and features on cultural topics, including co-productions with WGBH and NPR. She has also published extensively as an academic and a journalist and is a regular contributor to the Italian travel pages of the Daily Telegraph, UK. Kate’s guiding ethos is to share her passion for the visual arts, music, and the natural beauty of Tuscany.