Sean is one of London’s elite Blue Badge Guides. He has had a lifelong passion for the history of the British people and how that history has been shaped by their monarchy, parliament and political leaders, especially Winston Churchill during World War II.
- Delve into Royal London with an insider. Witness the changing of the guards so close, you can hear the guards breathe, march with the band, and stroke the horses. Explore the Banqueting House where monarchs have partied over the centuries and Charles I was executed. Finally, stand in the hallowed space of Westminster Abbey, the site on which we have crowned all our monarchs since 1066, where 19 of them are buried and where our royal family comes to pray, to commemorate and to celebrate, the site on which we have crowned all our monarchs since 1066, where 19 of them are buried and where our royal family comes to pray, to commemorate and to celebrate.
- Amble through the Royal Parks. Six times larger than Central Park in New York and once the Royal Hunting grounds, they are now a place where Londoners relax. They also showcase Buckingham Palace, the London home of Elizabeth II, Kensington Palace, the London home of Prince William and his family, and the most senior royal palace, St James’ Palace - a stately Tudor building originally built by Henry VIII as a hunting lodge. Stroll through the streets around it which contains some of the most elite of Londons shops including Fortnum and Mason, so quintessentially English, and where The Queen buys her tea and coffee from!
- Venture outside London to explore the ancient landscape of Stonehenge, which is so much more than just the stones that stand there today, then travel onto the beautiful Georgian City of Bath and take in the uniformity of its architecture or visit the medieval city of Salisbury and its Cathedral with the worlds oldest medieval stone spire and one of four remaining original manuscripts of the Magna Carta.
- How many days would you like the itinerary to be?
- Do you have specific goals for your trip?
- Which sites and venues would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Do you have any mobility concerns?
- Who are you traveling with? What are their ages and interests?