- From 1 Day to 6+ Days
How to Book
- We’ll kick off our understanding of Paris on the Ile de la Cite, the city’s first settlement. Exploring Notre Dame (from the outside), we’ll unpack how Paris grew from a remote river-outpost of the Roman Empire to a capital of Western Europe.
- Weaving across the Seine, we’ll then explore key sites of the French Revolution, seeking to unravel the tangled timeline of 1789. Sites include the Place de la Concorde, Bastille, Hôtel de Ville, Place des Vosges, Marais, and Église Saint-Paul-Saint-Louis.
- Our second day will explore the royal history and extravagance leading up to the Revolution, with a day-long visit to the Palace of Versailles.
- Once inside the opulent summer home of Louis XIV (among others), we’ll discuss key personalities and events in the history of the monarchy while exploring Versailles Palace and Gardens, and Marie Antoinette’s Hamlet and Grand Trianon.
- How many days would you like the tour to be?
- Do you have specific goals for your trip?
- Which sites and venues would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Do you have any mobility concerns?
- Who are you traveling with? What are their ages and interests?
How much does the Custom & Multi-Day tour cost?
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.