- 4 hours
Customized Tour of Porto
"I have recommended Context tours for the last decade to many travelers. Having done at least a couple of dozen tours with context, never have we had a bad tour!”
Something Else in Mind?
- How many hours would you like the walk to be?
- What are your main goals for the walk?
- Which sites and museums would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Give us one or two words to describe your group.
- Take an architectural themed tour of Porto in the company of a local architect.
- Explore Porto on the water by adding a boat cruise to one of our existing tours or a custom Porto Boat tour.
- Discover more about Jewish history and heritage with a visit to the historic Jewish center followed by the synagogue.
- Take an architecture tour of Casa de Musica and/or Serralves Museum.
- Day trip to a nearby town containing numerous churches, Braga, with a local expert or historian.
- Coimbra tour with a local expert or historian.
- Tour Porto focusing on the history of tiles including a visit to Banco the Materiais (where the oldest samples of tiles are kept) in the company of a local writer.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your request and we will be happy to look into the possibility.
When we know more about your time frame and expecations for your custom tour, we can work out the pricing. Pricing for a 2 hour tour begins at 230 euros.
With a background in Architecture (University of Porto) and a postgraduate degree in Sociology (MPhil Cities Programme - London School of Economics and Political Science), Ricardo is particularly interested in change and transformation and how they impact cities, and in urban space as the outcome of socio-historical processes. After living several years in Helsinki, London and Milan, Ricardo returned to his hometown where he enjoys acting as mediator between the visitors and the city’s landscape. In the course of the walks he proposes, participants are encouraged to engage with more in-depth readings, and find new meanings, in the built environment. The aim is also to endow each visitor with an enhanced ability to unravel the multiple identities that make up Porto’s singular character through an understanding of how these identities became embedded in the city’s fabric. Ultimately, Ricardo’s explorations of Porto’s city space throughout the different ages provide equally an opportunity for a broader reflection on the aspects that render places unique, and on the ways places can be improved as to become settings for better forms of public, and private, social life.
Maria is a Portuguese native and professional chef. She has studied and worked as a chef in UK and has traveled extensively, giving her a very good sense of the comparisons between ingredients, cuisines and traditions. At the moment, she is doing workshops, catering jobs, baking, food events and restaurant adviser. She loves everything related to food ... shopping, cooking, sharing recipes and of course, eating.
Susana is a writer who was born and raised in Porto. She has been writing about the cultural features of cities in Portugal but mainly about Porto. Her biggest achievement so far was conducting all the research and texts for a book called “Azulejos with History”. She studied English and German Literature in Coimbra and spent some time in Manchester teaching Portuguese culture to teachers and students. She loves travelling and trying to get the most of experiences in foreign countries but most of all she loves her city and showing it to visitors in a unique way.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.