- 4 hours
Personalized Tour of Seoul
“We have used Context tours for years and they are always of high quality, non-touristic, informative and efficient. Yes, they cost more than tourist tours but the value is in the small groups and correct historical and local knowledge. We try to book these tours at the beginning of our stay to get familiarised with the area.”
Something Else in Mind?
- How many hours would you like the walk to be?
- What are your main goals for the walk?
- Which sites and museums would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Give us one or two words to describe your group.
- Take a temple tour within the Korean foothills in the company of a local expert.
- Hungry for Korean BBQ? Our docent can accompany you to a Korean restaurant, pick and choose an array of traditional items and talk you through all the steps.
- Interested in Zaha Hadid and the design district? We can organise urban and architectural walks with experts.
- Want to sing the night away in a karaoke venue and drink soju into the late hours? Our docent can help navigate this world of popular culture which is nearly impossible without speaking Korean.
- Learn more about the impact of Japanese colonialism with a historian and visit Seodaemun Prison.
- Dive into the world of Korean fandom and K-Pop with a local expert on Gagnam and entertainment agencies.
- Ride in a cable car up to Namsan Park and visit N Seoul Tower.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with details of your request and we will be happy to look into the possibility.
Custom tours can vary widely in terms of duration, itinerary, and price. When we have a better idea of what you would like to do, we will provide a quote for your customized experience.
Evan's curiosity for food started when moved out of his parents home, aged 19 and was forced to prepare and cook and test out recipes for the first time in his life. He learnt a host of Korean recipes during this time, before embarking on a journey in creating his own travel company. With this business, he met many foreigners and chefs who both inspired and advised him on how to prepare foreign food. With this in mind, he has since taken cooking classes and endlessly watched YouTube tutorials, cooking shows and competitions. He currently works on introducing Korean food and food culture to foreigners by hosting supper clubs and giving food tours. He enjoys tasting different food from restaurants and markets, trying to discover their ingredients and ways of cooking.
Hana was born and raised in Seoul and started her professional career as an IT engineer. After some time abroad, she realised this was not her calling and decided to become a tour guide and docent. She obtained her tour guide license in 2014. As a traveler to 100 cities in 30 countries, she has returned to Seoul with an intriguing perception on her city and what might interest those coming to South Korea, regardless of age, gender or age. From UNESCO sites and local traditional markets to the happening nightlife, shopping and the amazing variety of food, she allows her clients to experience different facets of the city.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.