FIND A WALK
Insider's Market tours
Scholar-led Walking Tours of the World's Cultural Capitals
Context provides an in-depth alternative to traditional tours. We are a network of architects, historians, art historians, and other specialists who organize walks in 21 cities around the world—and counting.
What distinguishes us:
- Expert-level docents (often Ph.D. or terminal degree)
- Small Groups (6 people max)
- Thematic seminars: like your best class in college
- Not a traditional tour; no lectures
We offer our walking tours as groups or private walks. Here are the differences:
- regularly scheduled
- join others (6 people max)
- priced per person
- perfect for individuals or couples on a budget
- pre-set itinerary
- scheduled on request for your party alone
- flat fee
- economical for five or more people
- best for families
AGAIN! An Industry Leader
For the second year, Context has been selected by Condé Nast Traveler as a Top Travel Specialist, recognized for going "beyond what any guidebook can offer."
VIEW ALL PRESS AND AWARDS
We are a certified B Corp and work to ensure that our walks are sensitive to place and sustain local culture. By sponsoring restoration projects, offsetting carbon, using public transport, and patronizing local business, we bring together the traveler and destination in a manner beneficial to both.
read more about sustainable travel