Need help planning a trip to Rome? We can work with you to create a custom tour to suit your interests, from the archaeology of Ancient Rome to Papal history, Roman culinary traditions to the Baroque masterpieces of Bernini, drawing on our network of expert Rome tour guides. From a full-day to a full week, our planning specialists have your trip covered.
How to Book
Whether you already have something in mind or want help dreaming up something entirely new, our dedicated planning specialists are on hand to make the most of your travels. Context planners, all travelers in their own right and experts in their dedicated territory, will partner with you to create an itinerary suited exactly to your needs and schedule.
Fill out our CUSTOM ROME FORM or email us at email@example.com to get started.
For those unsure of exactly what they'd like to do, below is an example
Rome itinerary to ignite your imagination; another good place to start brainstorming is with a perusal of our other private and small group Rome tour options
Archaeological Highlights of Ancient Rome (Estimated Cost: $3000)
- Our first day will explore the often missed (but extraordinarily preserved site) of Ostia Antica, the ancient port city a mere hour outside of Rome.
- Once in Ostia, we’ll visit ancient apartments, markets, and gathering places to understand the daily life and commercial forces behind the Rome’s vast empire.
- Our second day will shift focus towards the key archaeological monuments of Forum, Palatine Hill, and Colosseum.
- After a local lunch, we’ll explore the ancient underpinnings beneath street level, with explorations into Rome’s crypts, sewers, and buried temples, seeing firsthand the layers of the Eternal City.
- We’ll conclude with another day excursion from Rome, this time visiting the famous ancient ruins of Pompeii and the nearby Naples Archaeological Museum.
- Buried in an instant by an explosion of nearby Mount Vesuvius in 79 A.D., Pompeii offers a remarkably preserved glimpse into the daily life of Ancient Romans, from slaves, to children, to powerful city aristocrats.
What is included in the Custom & Multi-Day itinerary of Rome?
Cost details will vary based on exact itinerary, but all of our Custom & Multi-Day itineraries include the cost of your private guide. In many cases, vehicle/transportation costs, select meals, and site entrances may also be included. Your Context planning specialist will confirm exactly what is included in your personal itinerary before charging your credit card. Accommodation is not included.
What information do you need from me in order to build a custom itinerary?
Our planning experts will be in touch to help you build your perfect tour, but in general, try to include the following pieces of information in your custom request form:
- How many days would you like the tour to be?
- Do you have specific goals for your trip?
- Which sites and venues would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Do you have any mobility concerns?
- Who are you traveling with? What are their ages and interests?
How much does the Custom & Multi-Day tour cost?
Pricing will vary by itinerary. Your planning expert will provide an itinerary and pricing proposal for your trip before confirming your Context tour and charging your credit card.
How does the Custom & Multi-Day bookings process work?
Once you submit your custom request form (or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
), we’ll get in touch via email or phone to review your ideas and finalize an itinerary. We only charge your credit card once all details have been confirmed.
Is this suitable for children and / or travelers with mobility challenges?
Yes. We can adapt the route based on the ages, needs, and interests of travelers in your party.