LAST UPDATED: March 28, 2019
We are Context Walks LLC d/b/a Context Travel (“we”, “us”, “our” “Context Travel”), and we are committed to protecting your privacy.
Capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meanings ascribed to them in Context Travels Online Terms of Service, which is located on the Site.
2. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT, AND HOW?
When you interact with us, whether by using our Site or communicating with us, we may collect the following information about you:
• Information you give us: you may give us information about yourself if you sign up for an Account on our Site, place an order for Services, complete any online forms (such as registration forms, competitions, and surveys), opt in to receive our newsletters and special offers, enter a competition or promotion or correspond with us (by email, telephone or otherwise).
Depending on what you provide, this information can include your name, address or location, phone number and email address, date of birth, gender, purchase information, shopping preferences, images and financial information (including your credit or debit card details, although we do not hold them, our payment processors do).
• Information we receive from other accounts or sources: we may receive information about you from other sources, such as from your other accounts or other websites, including data brokers, social media providers like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, advertising networks and analytics partners, and payment and delivery service providers.
We may supplement the data you provide to us with data from data append services such as public or social graph data in order to better serve you with content or promotions. We will append this data to our existing customer account information to better understand customers’ interests and to provide more relevant product recommendations and advertising, to increase our customer’s security when using our Site and to comply with our legal obligations, such as sanctions laws. This information can be associated with your personal information such as name, email, address, physical address or phone number.
• Information our IT systems collect about you: each time you visit the Site, certain information will be created and automatically recorded by our IT systems. That information includes:
Device information: the information provided by your device will differ depending on which type of device you are using (whether it’s a PC, Mac, iPhone, Android, or otherwise) and the settings on that device, but includes the type of device you have (such as an iPhone 6S or Samsung Galaxy S7), the device’s IP address, the browser you are using, your mobile network provider (for mobile devices), the pages you have visited, your time zone and country location, and crash or download error reports.
4. WHAT DO YOU USE MY INFORMATION FOR?
To provide you the Site, including to allow you to order the Services using our Site, administer your account and to optimize your experience we need to use the information that we collect in a number of different ways.
We also use the information for marketing and advertising purposes. In the event that you have told us you would like to receive marketing communications or when you have made a purchase using our Site, we and our partners will use your personal information (including your name, email address and address) to occasionally send you updates, news, and offers via email, post, or other forms of media. We may use your information (including supplemental information received from partners that we append to our existing customer information as described below), to tailor these messages to you. You may unsubscribe from receiving email marketing communications by modifying your preferences in your Account’s profile management section, or by following the opt-out instructions in the promotional emails we send you.
We use your information to confirm your identity and perform credit checks or anti-fraud checks, in order to ensure your, and our, financial security.
Please scroll down to find out the detailed purposes for which we collect your information, and what specific information is collected:
• To register and manage your Account in our Site, we may collect your name, email, password and other additional details you may wish to add in your Account, like phone number, addresses and gender.
• To fulfil the orders you make through our Site, we collect your Name, addresses, phone number, order details, like the Services you are buying and the date of the Services.
• To collect payment from you we collect your payment information, which comprises the credit/debit card’s number, holder’s name and CCV – we do not store them and only transfer them to our authorized payment providers. For your convenience, we do retain the following information for each credit card used on the Site: 1) card type; 2) the last four digits of the card; and 3) the name of the card.
• To provide you with our customer services (including helping you to solve any issue you have with our Services, updating you about any change to our Terms of Service, or contacting you to know how was your experience with us) we collect your name, email, password and addresses and your contact history with us (including possibly phone records of our conversations).
• To monitor the quality of our customer services, we collect your name, email, password and addresses and your contact history with us.
• To administer, maintain and optimize our Site, we collect your device information (such as your device IP address and device type), cookie identifiers and browsing information.
• To perform fraud and credit checks and if we can do business with you, we collect your name; email; addresses; credit/debit card details; browsing history; purchase history; date of birth; gender; device information (such as IP address and device type), any national identifiers (like driver’s license or ID cards) and any publicly available information (like social media profiles or news).
• To send you marketing communications and personalized offers, we collect your name; email; phone number; addresses; date of birth; purchase history; browsing history and behavior; device information; cookie identifiers; internal identifiers; country.
• Analysis of your behavior and purchases in our Site, we collect your name email; phone number; addresses; date of birth; purchase history; browsing history and behavior; device information; cookie identifiers; internal identifiers; country; purchase and sale history.
• Carry on research, analysis, enquiries and surveys on your use of our Site, we collect your name; addresses; email; device information, demographic information (including gender, country of residence and household income) and content of survey responses.
• Advertising and retarget advertising, we collect your email, cookie identifiers and device information.
5. WITH WHOM DO YOU SHARE MY INFORMATION?
We may share the information we collect:
• With service providers that perform services on our behalf, such as those that provide payment services, customer service, and marketing support;
• To comply with a legal or regulatory obligations, protect and defend Context Travel’s right or property, protect the safety of our customers and Site users or the public, and protect against legal liability;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
• Between and among Context Travel’s current and future parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and other companies under common control and ownership; and
• With your consent and at your direction.
If you are in the United States, we may share your information about you with select third parties so that they can communicate with you about Services that may be of interest to you. If you prefer that we not share your information with such third parties, you may opt out by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. TRANSFERS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
To provide our Site and our Services, in accordance with the purposes set out above, we may transfer and store the personal information that we collect from you to a destination inside or outside of the United States, mostly from and to the European Economic Area (“EEA”).
When transferring personal information to third party services’ providers, we rely on different adequacy and security measures to ensure we comply with the local privacy legislation.
We use technology such as “cookies” to collect information and store your online preferences. Cookies are small pieces of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which allows the server to uniquely identify the browser on each page.
We may use the following categories of cookies on our Site:
• CATEGORY 1: STRICTLY NECESSARY COOKIES These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Site and use its features. Without these cookies, actions you have asked for such as remembering your login details or shopping basket items cannot be provided.
• CATEGORY 2: PERFORMANCE COOKIES These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Site. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our Site, browse or use our Site and highlight areas where we can improve areas such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies does not show personal details from which your individual identity can be established. You may opt out to these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the performance of our Site.
• CATEGORY 3: FUNCTIONALITY COOKIES These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our Site from, language and search parameters. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymized and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. You may opt out to these cookies using your browser settings but it may affect the functionality of our Site.
• CATEGORY 4: TARGETING COOKIES OR ADVERTISING COOKIES These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers. For example, we may use third party companies to provide you with more personalized advertising when visiting other websites. You may opt out to these cookies using your browser settings.
• CATEGORY 5: SOCIAL MEDIA COOKIES These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your Internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at www.AboutCookies.org. Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our Site.
You can withdraw your consent to these cookies at any time through the following options:
• Google Analytics cookies across all websites, please visit Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on;
• other third party cookies relating to behavioral advertising, please go to www.aboutads.info; and
• any other type of cookies, you can clean the cookies through your browser settings.
Please note that refusing cookies does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising. It does mean that the company or companies from which you opted out will no longer deliver advertisements tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns, so you may see a greater number of advertisements that are irrelevant to you and your preferences.
Many web browsers support Do Not Track technology. While we strive to offer you choices when you use our Site, we do not promise that we will be able to receive or honor web browser Do Not Track signals.
Keeping you and your personal information secure is very important to us. We take a number of reasonable steps to try to protect the personal information that you provide, including:
• using a Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) to encrypt the personal data that you send us during the order process (including any financial information such as credit or debit card details);
• requiring you to establish a password to access your Account on our Site;
• not keeping details of your credit or debit card that would enable any third party to transact using that credit or debit card (such as your CCV number); and
• regularly monitoring our servers and IT systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
Unfortunately, despite this, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal data transmitted to or through our Site, and any such transmission is at your own risk. In particular, please keep in mind that if you voluntarily disclose personal information through other means of communication than the Site in a non-protected environment (such as through email, sms, online messages) then that information can be collected and used by others outside of our or your control.
9. HOW LONG WILL YOU KEEP MY INFORMATION?
We retain the data you provide to us for as long as you have your Account with us and thereafter for such period as you may have questions or a claim in relation to our Services, notwithstanding any superior retention period that we may be obliged to observe in accordance with legal requirements applicable to us.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data as set out below.
10. WHAT ARE MY PRIVACY RIGHTS?
You have certain rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you depending on local law. Some of these only apply in certain circumstances. Please note that we will require you to verify your identity before responding to any requests to exercise your rights and that can include asking a set of security questions to ensure it is you. When you have appointed someone else to do the request on your behalf, that person and/or organization needs to show a valid power of attorney issued by you.
If you live or work within the EEA, General Data Protection Regulation states special rights for you. To exercise or to know more about your rights, please contact us at email@example.com.
Despite the above, you can always withdraw your consent at any time by changing your marketing preferences in “My Account” or by unsubscribing at the bottom of each email received or by writing emailing us as set out below.
Depending on the country you live or work, you have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority.
12. UPDATES TO THIS POLICY