- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Product Type
- Audio Guide
- Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- Discover the stories behind the ruins as you explore two of Rome's most important landmarks on your own schedule
- Hit play together and stroll the city or wander solo, but always with an expert in your ear as your personal guide
The Roman Forum is a treasure trove filled with triumphal arches, temples, and basilicas from Ancient Rome. On this self-paced audio guide tour with Context Travel expert Livia Galante – a PhD archaeologist and guide – you‘ll see these impressive sites from a whole new perspective, and learn about the history of the central marketplace where ancient Romans went about their daily business.
Please Note: This tour doesn't include entry into the Forum and the starting point for this tour is at the foot of Capitoline Hill, in front of a set of large stairs called Campidoglio, leading up to a square. You can buy your tickets to enter the Forum online here.
Livia obtained a degree in Archaeology at the Sapienza University of Rome and has a Master's degree in the History and Conservation of Cultural Heritage from the University of Roma Tre. Her main field of interest is ancient Roman topography and early Christian architecture; however, she is an accomplished scholar whose teaching ability extends to the Renaissance and Baroque Rome. As a native Roman, Livia is very enthusiastic in sharing the deep love and knowledge she has for her hometown with clients.
How do I access the audio guide and download it for offline use?
- Install VoiceMap from the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Create an account
- Select Tour Codes from the menu, then select Enter Codes
- Enter your Voucher Code
- Select Download Now
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.