- A scholarly day in Naples, or beyond, designed around your interests and your guide’s expertise
- Led by Fiorella, Art Historian
- Pompeii Archaeological Site, Naples Archaeological Museum, Capodimonte Museum, Herculaneum Archaeological Site, Cappella Sansevero, Santa Chiara, and Oplontis Archaeological Site
- The discovery of Naples starts at the top of the Vomero hill where the Carthusian monastery San Martino has been standing since the 14th century. Together with Fiorella, explore this stunning complex that dominates the Bay of Naples with its church, gardens, and cloisters. Redesigned in the 1600s under the genius of artists coming out of Italian Baroque and Naturalism movements, learn how it came to house one of the most important collections of Neapolitan nativity scenes in the world.
- Explore the quiet sanctuary of the Cloister of Santa Chiara. Part of the royal monastery created on the orders of King Robert of Anjou and his wife to house the secluded Clare nuns, it stands out for its breathtaking majolica tiles created by D. A. Vaccaro in the 18th century.
- Sansevero Chapel is a small, privately-owned museum housing some of the finest sculptural masterpieces of the Baroque period, including the Veiled Christ by Giuseppe Sanmartino. During your time at the Masonic temple, Fiorella will unravel the intricate symbolism of the space and works of art commission by the Prince of Sansevero, Raimondo di Sangro. In this family chapel, Raimondo expressed his many interests, including art, history, Freemasonry, esotericism as well as medicinal studies.
- How many days would you like the itinerary to be?
- Do you have specific goals for your trip?
- Which sites and venues would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Do you have any mobility concerns?
- Who are you traveling with? What are their ages and interests?
Fiorella holds a degree in modern languages and is a specialist in art history and Neapolitan culture and art. She works with the main museums of Naples as a member of the educational section. She also works closely with Friends of Museums from abroad. Fiorella is the president of the cultural association "Fine Arts", which organizes private viewings and themed routes in Naples and Campania, cocktails and visits to stately homes and private collections. She writes about Naples and Campania for a popular guide book and is the author of a guide to Neapolitan art and architecture called "Naples in 3 days".