- From 1 Day to 6+ Days
Custom Tour of New York City
- A New York neighborhood tour of SoHo’s storied history and stunning collection of cast iron architecture
- An in-depth look at Madison Square Garden and its environs
- A custom look at the history and culture of the Garment District in the company of an art historian and former fashion model with stops for upscale shopping
- An afternoon private tour of New York discovering Willamsburg’s vibrant street art and ever-evolving streetscape
NYC Food Tours
- An immersive chocolate experience with one of New York’s top chocolate experts.
- A personalized NYC food tour through Brooklyn’s up and coming micro-breweries
- A focused look at French cuisine in New YorkNYC Art Tours
- A private tour of the Frick
- A private tour of the Whitney Museum
- A private tour of the Guggenheim
- A customized gallery-hopping itinerary in Bushwick
- A targeted look at the Greek and Roman collection at the Met
- An in-depth exploration of the Met’s Italian masters collection
- A private tour of Giorgio de Chirico’s work at the MoMA with an internationally recognized de Chirico scholar
- A private tour of the Morgan Library
- A two hour seminar in the Met’s American Wing
- A focused look at Dutch and Flemish painting at the Met
How to Book
- How many hours would you like the walk to be?
- Which sites and museums would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Describe your group
Cathy Kaufman is an adjunct professor of Food Studies at The New School, specializing in the intersection of food and culture. She was the associate editor of Savoring Gotham: A Food Lover’s Companion to New York City (Oxford University Press, 2015) and is the chairman of the Culinary Historians of New York. Prior to receiving her master’s degree in food studies from New York University, she was a professional chef and cooking teaching for 25 years.
Matico Josephson has been a student of New York's built environment for as long as he can remember, and an explorer of the city's nooks and crannies for even longer. His curiosity has found an outlet in the History of Architecture, in which he has recently been pursuing a Ph.D. at NYU's Institute of Fine Arts. He will prepare a dissertation on modern architecture in Spain.
Becky studied urban history as an undergraduate at the University of Pennsylvania and for her master’s at the University of Leicester, UK, researching nineteenth-century city planning and its social implications. In New York, she co-wrote a history of liquor distilling in the city and discovered musty secrets for guides in Time Out. A freelance writer, she primarily covers travel for publications like New York magazine, Travel + Leisure, and the Washington Post. The coolest place she’s been in the city: behind the clock above Grand Central Terminal.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.