"We loved everything about this tour! I thought [our guide] did a nice job of catering to us adults as well as the two children in our group. He was very knowledgeable and kind. I would not have wanted to go to Coba without [our guide] and all his information. The cenote was a highlight for all of us. What an amazing place! My younger son loved learning about making tortillas and wants us to make them here at home. Thank you for an amazing day!" [-after the Mayan Culture for Kids Tour]
- Yucatan Chichen Itza Day Excursion 12-hour fascinating look at the legacy of the Mayan people as we visit first the UNESCO heritage site of Chichen Itza, have traditional Yucatecan food, stroll around charming Pueblo Magico Valladolid, and finish with a refreshing visit to a cenote, an underground waterhole, for swimming, snorkeling, or just marvelling at the geologic formations. All-inclusive tour with private vehicle pickup and drop off, lunch, and all entry fees included.
- Quintana Roo Tulum or Coba Day Excursion 8-hour tour through the Mayan ruins of Tulum or Coba where we’ll enjoy an authentic lunch, visit a Mayan community and finish with a refreshing visit to a cenote, an underground waterhole, for swimming, snorkeling, or just marvelling at the geologic formations. All-inclusive tour with private vehicle pickup and drop off, lunch, and all entry fees included.
- Mayan Culture for Kids Tour Similar to the Coba Day Excursion but focused on fun, educational activities for children and teens. Activities can include climbing the highest pyramid in the region, biking through native forests, scouting out flora and fauna, weaving a hammock, or rolling tortillas with a Mayan community member.
- Mayan Culture Crash Course We can accompany you to a notable museum such as the Cancun Museum or Mayan Museum in Mérida or Tulum Ruins to delve into the history of the Mayan people from their ancestors through the Spanish conquest until today.
We can design a wide variety of tours for people with special interests or needs, lasting from 4 hours to 4 days. Drawing on our growing network of expert guides, the limits of a custom tour with a Context Riviera Maya guide are bound only by our collective imagination.
Riviera Maya Custom Tour
- How many hours would you like the tour to last?
- What are your main goals for the tour?
- Which sites, venues, or topics would you like to prioritize?
- Do you have any mobility concerns?
- Describe your group’s interests and personality
If you're staying in Cancún, Playa del Carmen, or Tulum or nearby, we can probably accommodate your request. We can arrange day excursions or possibly even multi-day excursions around Quintana Roo and Yucatan states.
I know what I would like to do, but I don't see it in your regular offerings. Can you arrange it for me?
Born in Mexico city, Jazmín is interested in the investigation of pre-Colonial art and worldview through an interdisciplinary approach. Her passion for the ancient Mexican cultures led her to pursue a degree in archeology at the National School of Anthropology and History (ENAH). After conducting research on the Huasteca cosmovision and participating in different symposia, in 2018 she obtained a Master's Degree in Mesoamerican Studies at the National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM). Her fascination with the Mayan culture and her love for Mexico led her to pursue leading archaeological and adventure tours in the Riviera Maya. Her main objective is to promote interest and raise awareness about the importance of the historic, cultural and natural heritage of Mexico through the dissemination of the latest anthropological research and the practice of a sustainable tourism.
Born in Mexico City, Luis made Playa del Carmen home in 2015, a place he considers a paradise. His particular passions are sharing the pre-Colombian history of the Mayans, the beautiful natural environment of the region and connecting it in a single excursion. He's interested in helping and improving the lives of the indigenous communities of the region, and loves the act of continual learning while on tours with culturally curious clients.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.