- 1 hour
- Product Type
- Audio Guide
- Place des Abbesses, Place du Tertre, Saint Pierre de Montmartre, Sacré-Coeur, and Bateau Lavoir
- Put your map away as an art historian guides you around one of the cultural hubs of Paris on your own schedule. Press pause. Sit at a cafe. Linger at your favorite spots.
- Hit play together and stroll the city or wander solo, but always with an expert in your ear as your personal guide
Embark on an unforgettable journey through the bohemian streets of Paris‘ Montmartre district where art, history, and culture intertwine. Art historian and Context Travel expert, Georgia Dearden, is your guide on this audio guide tour which follows in the footsteps of renowned artists like Pablo Picasso and Vincent Van Gogh, who called the area home. She‘ll transport you back in time to share some of the little-known stories behind this iconic Paris neighborhood.
• Discover the origins behind Pablo Picasso’s blue period
If you'd like to indulge in a tasty snack along the tour, please know that Le Grenier à Pain is open from 7 AM to 7:30 Thursday-Sunday, and closed on Tuesday and Wednesday. Moulin de la Galette is open every day from 8 AM till midnight, and Le Maison Rose is open from noon till 10 PM on Wednesday-Sunday, but closed Monday and Tuesday.
Georgia is a British art historian who has been living in Paris since 2017. She is a doctoral candidate in the history of art, and has worked as a visiting lecturer on anglophone art history programmes. She has worked for a number of art galleries and museums, is a published art historical writer, and has presented at a number of academic conferences. She has always been fascinated by the social and cultural context of history, and is passionate about sharing this with clients.
How do I access the audio guide and download it for offline use?
- Install VoiceMap from the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Create an account
- Select Tour Codes from the menu, then select Enter Codes
- Enter your Voucher Code
- Select Download Now
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.