- 1 hour 30 minutes
- Product Type
- Audio Guide
- Sainte Chapelle, Notre Dame Cathedral (exterior only), Cluny Museum, Church of Saint-Séverin, Church of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, Pont des Arts, and Île de la Cité
- Put your map away and let a French art lover uncover the history of one of the most artistic district's in Paris
- Hit play together and stroll the city or wander solo, but always with an expert in your ear as your personal guide
Starting on the Île de la Cité in Place Louis Lépine square, you‘ll see the Gothic masterpieces of Notre Dame de Paris and Sainte Chapelle, before strolling along the Left Bank of the Seine and past the San Severin Church. As you wind through Paris’ backstreets to the Pont des Arts bridge, where our tour ends, you‘ll gain an understanding of the city‘s history and urban culture, as well as some of the men and women who transformed it.
Along the way, you‘ll:
• Observe Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque art and architectural styles
• Pass by iconic buildings like the Hôtel Dieu, Cluny Museum, and Shakespeare and Company bookstore
• Discover Paris‘ most bohemian neighborhood with a local in your ear
• Learn about the famous artists and writers who resided there, such as Ernest Hemingway, Jean-Paul Sartre and Simon de Beauvoir, to name a few
• Visit the Latin Quarter‘s historic churches, bridges, and gardens including Pont au Change bridge, Church of Saint Germain des Prés, and Church of Saint Séverin
• Enjoy the colors and fragrances of Marché aux Fleurs Reine Elizabeth II, the Flower Market, and throw yourself into some of the city‘s best shopping
By the end of this 90-minute self-guided audio guide tour, you‘ll have a deeper appreciation of Parisian history, art and architecture.
Even before getting his university degrees in Law and Business, Laurent was the youngest “guide-conférencier” to obtain his license in France at the age of 16. With an authentic passion for art and history, he had a previous career in international business and marketing before focusing entirely on his job as guide. An art collector himself, particularly fond of painting, he attended open courses at the Ecole du Louvre and graduated from IESA art school. His purpose, thanks to a very participative approach, is to make you see and understand art rather than just learn about it.
- Install VoiceMap from the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Create an account
- Select Tour Codes from the menu, then select Enter Codes
- Enter your Voucher Code
- Select Download Now
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.