- 1 hour
- Product Type
- Audio Guide
- Marais and Place des Vosges
- Visit all the spots you need to enjoy a perfect Parisian picnic, all on your own schedule. You can even stop for a glass of wine or two while you learn the history of the food you're eating.
- Hit play together and stroll the city or wander solo, but always with an expert in your ear as your personal guide
Join Andrés Medrano, a cheese geek, ex-chef, and cork dork – or sommelier, if you prefer – on a gourmet tour of the historic Le Marais neighborhood. You’ll visit independently owned shops and purveyors who procure traditional, handmade goods. There’s bread, pastries, cheese, charcuterie, chocolate, wine – everything you need for the perfect Parisian picnic, including a perfect place to enjoy one at the end of our walk: Place des Vosges, the first planned square in Paris and the template for public squares across the continent.
• Jacques Genin, a chocolatier specializing in exotic flavored chocolate, pates de fruits, caramels, and ganache
• Marché des Enfants Rouges, a popular shopping spot since the 1600s
• Fromagerie Jouannault, the cheese shop run by a father-daughter team where you‘ll hear about how the different seasons impact cheese
• Caractère de Cochon, the only shop in Paris devoted exclusively to ham
• Maison Verot, where you can purchase charcuterie from a third-generation shop
• Pierre Hermé, where you can pick up a box or two of delectable macarons
• Cave Arthus et Jean, a wine store owned and operated by two childhood friends
Andrés, a seasoned culinary expert with over 16 years of experience, is both a Sommelier and a Parisian chef. He began his journey in 2008 and honed his culinary skills through rigorous apprenticeships at Michelin-starred establishments. Inspired by French cuisine, Andrés trained under European champion chef Olivier Boudot at Cordon Bleu, specializing in French bread-making. His passion for wine led to top honors in the WSET Diploma, French Wine Scholar, and Champagne Master-Level program, making him a certified wine educator recognized by the Society of Wine Educators. Today, Andrés combines his sommelier finesse and culinary mastery as a food and wine editor, offering exclusive, immersive Parisian tours of independent delicatessens and vintners. He's also the co-founder of an award-winning secret cheese cellar experience in Paris (www.wetasteparis.com). Join Andrés to uncover the rich traditions and history of world-renowned cuisine and wine in the heart of Paris.
How do I access the audio guide and download it for offline use?
- Install VoiceMap from the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Create an account
- Select Tour Codes from the menu, then select Enter Codes
- Enter your Voucher Code
- Select Download Now