- 1 hour
- Product Type
- Audio Guide
- St Mark's Bell Tower, Basilica San Marco, Doge's Palace, Bridge of Sighs, St. Mark's Square, and La Fenice Theatre
- Uncover Venice's Rise as a Merchant Powerhouse
- Marvel at St. Mark's Square's Architectural Wonders – including the Clock Tower, Marciana Library, State Mint, and more
- Discover 12 centuries of Venetian history
- Explore the majestic exterior of Doge's Palace
- Travel Back in time at Harry's Bar, one time a haven for literary greats such as Ernest Hemingway
- Develop a deeper appreciation for Byzantine Art and its influence on Venice
Please be aware that the tide levels in Venice are unpredictable. We ask that you take particular caution if the tide is high, as some areas of the tour may be difficult to access. If you'd like to check the tide, please consult the app “High Tide Venice."
Susan has over twenty years experience teaching the History of Art for universities in the UK and Italy. She is also the Venice lead for the Venice in Peril Fund, which supports at-risk art and monuments in the city. After graduating in the History of Art and Italian in 1998, she took an M.A. concentrating on art and architecture in Venice, and in 2004 she completed her specialization with a Ph.D. on Venetian Renaissance altarpieces. As a post-doctoral researcher with the University of Glasgow and London's National Gallery, she worked as a researcher and editor on the National Inventory of European Painting, the on-line catalog of European paintings in British museums. Susan has also contributed articles to the Burlington Magazine and Artibus et Historiae. Susan met her Venetian husband Paolo in 1997; they have a young son and divide their time between homes in Italy and the UK.
- Install VoiceMap from the Apple App Store or Google Play
- Create an account
- Select Tour Codes from the menu, then select Enter Codes
- Enter your Voucher Code
- Select Download Now
Yes, all our audio guides offer closed captioning. If you have difficulty hearing the expert, you can turn on subtitles.
How long does each event last?
Our recorded audio guides typically run for 75 minutes.
How can I share this audio guide with friends or family?
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
Sales for recorded audio guides are final once you make the purchase. If you have questions or concerns about your purchase, please reach out to us at email@example.com.
Can I purchase a gift card for a friend who is traveling?
Absolutely! You can buy gift cards here. Gift cards are valid for 365 days from the date of purchase.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.