- 3 hours
- Product Type
- Dohany (Great) Synagogue
- Kazinczy Orthodox Synagogue (exterior)
- Rumbach Street Synagogue (exterior)
By the end of this immersive experience, you'll develop a profound understanding of the historical and cultural significance of Jews in Budapest and Hungary, placing their contribution to the city's social development within a broader European and global framework.
- You seek a deeper understanding of the history and cultural life of Jews in Budapest and Hungary.
- You enjoy wandering through urban neighborhoods in search of unique streets, buildings and cafés.
- If you're traveling with children under the age of 12, we recommend our Introduction to Budapest, or Budapest Castle District tours.
- Dohany Synagogue - the Great Synagogue in Budapest, built in the Moorish Revival style.
- Rumbach Synagogue (exterior only) - an homage to the style of the Dome of the Rock shrine in Jerusalem.
- Kazinczy Synagogue (exterior only)- built in the Art Nouveau style, a prime example of Hungarian pre-WWI synagogue architecture.
- There will be a break in the tour to stop for a coffee and pastry, and use bathroom facilities. There will also be opportunities to stop and rest along the way if needed. Please communicate any mobility needs or concerns with our team at the time of booking.
- Includes tickets to Dohany Synagogue
- Dohany Synagogue is wheelchair accessible, and the general neighborhood is wheelchair friendly.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.