- From 1 Day to 6+ Days
How to Book
- See the Duomo with skip the line access and a private visit to the Terrace for stunning views and an up close look at Ghiberti's marvelous 15th century rose window
- Delve into the history of the Medici family, and how their remarkable influence shaped the politics and artistic heritage of the city
- Enhance your art history knowledge with an extended visit to the Uffizi and Accademia Galleries
- Explore Florence's rich artisanal heritage with hands on experiences with local craftsmen and a specialist in artisanal art
- Understand the flavors and layered elements of the region's culinary culture, including its contemporary role in the Slow Food Movement
- Couple a custom tour of Florence with explorations of the surrounding Tuscan countryside
- How many days would you like the tour to be?
- Do you have specific goals for your trip?
- Which sites and venues would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Do you have any mobility concerns?
- Who are you traveling with? What are their ages and interests?
Cornelia has a PhD in art history from Columbia University and wrote her dissertation on Renaissance city planning. She is especially knowledgeable about Medici patronage. In addition to her research and teaching, Cornelia, a mother of a disabled child, runs an association dedicated to barrier-free travel in Florence and is author of "The Accessible Guide to Florence."
Monica completed her Ph.D in 2009 in history of art and architecture from the University of Virginia, specializing in the Italian Renaissance period. As a writer, she is interested in the literary culture of Florence as well as the city's art and architecture. Before coming to Florence, Monica lived in Rome, Venice, New York City, and Charlottesville, Virginia.
Elizabeth recently received her MA in Florentine Renaissance art from Syracuse University in Florence. Her interests include women's history and women artists, particularly by women in convents. In addition to leading walks, she also lectures at various universities and institutions in Florence.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.