- 3.5 hours
- Product Type
- Piazza della Signoria
- Michelangelo's David
- Florence Duomo
- Ponte Vecchio
- Accademia Gallery
You will make your way to the Accademia Gallery and view its famous masterpiece, Michelangelo’s statue of David. You’ll learn about the life of Michelangelo in Florence and how his techniques forever changed the way that artists and sculptors approached their craft. Your guide will discuss Michelangelo’s early years and career under the patronage of the powerful Medici family, and admire David, the artist's masterpiece and consummate symbol of the Florentine Renaissance.
- You crave an elevated experience with a guide who has advanced academic knowledge
- You like to connect with fellow art enthusiasts and share your passion
- You want to discover the stories and insights behind famous paintings and sculptures
- Accademia Gallery – museum that houses Michelangelo's iconic statue of David as well as other works of Renaissance art.
- Michelangelo's Statue of David – masterpiece of Renaissance sculpture depicting the biblical hero David.
- Piazza della Repubblica – square in the heart of Florence, surrounded by elegant cafes and historic buildings.
- Florence Duomo – cathedral considered to be one of the most important landmarks of the Renaissance.
- Includes skip-the-line access tickets to the Accademia Gallery.
- Upon receiving your order, our team will secure a guide. Once the venue tickets are released, we will purchase them. Our team will be in touch with alternative options if we cannot secure tickets for the date and time you requested.
- Depending on your group size, we may be required by the venue to order headsets in which case you’ll see a “Headset Fee” added to your order.
- Check out our upcoming online lectures which transport you to Florence, accompanied by a leading Context Expert.
- Accademia Gallery is wheelchair accessible, has lifts and is equipped with handicap fitted bathrooms. All tour stops are within 6 minutes walking from each other.
- Service dogs are allowed if you have a medical certificate proving the need.
- For more information about Context tours, please visit our FAQs.
Is the Uffizi Gallery included on this tour?
What is the difference between Introduction to Florence Tour and Florence Night Tour?
What are skip-the-line tickets?
For this tour, your tickets are pre-purchased which allows you to skip the ticket office line upon arrival at the museum. You may still have to wait in a security line or in a line to have your pre-purchased ticket scanned.
Why do I need to purchase a ticket to Galleria dell’Accademia for my child?
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.