- A scholarly day in Florence, designed around your interests and your guide’s expertise
- Led by Siro, Artist and Art Historian
- Uffizi Gallery, Casa Buonarroti, Museo del Bargello, Accademia Gallery, Museum of San Marco, Medici Chapels, Florence Duomo, Basilica of Santa Croce - Pazzi Chapel, and Ognissanti Church (Cenacolo)
My name is Siro, I was born in Florence... some time ago and in Florence, I studied art history at the University of Letters and Philosophy. I graduated with a degree in Decorative and Applied Arts with a thesis on the Neo-Egyptian service of the Richard Ginory porcelain factory in the late 19th century. Before university, I attended a professional school in Montelupo Fiorentino, where I trained as a ceramic decorator.
Languages: Italian, English
- The Last Supper, or Cenacolo, is one of the most profound and emotional depictions of all religious imagery. Within Christian ideology, this scene is the pinnacle of Jesus' compassion and selflessness in the presence of his followers. Understandably, this image was common to religious art created in Florence during the Renaissance era. However, many of these Last Suppers are hidden away in small chapels or unassuming churches. During the course of this Florence Last Supper Tour, you will explore some of these spaces with Siro, immersing yourself in their stark poignancy and elaborate symbolism.
- Together with Siro, you will follow the career of Michelangelo, exploring his early years and career under the patronage of the Medici family while learning about the key works in the Bargello Museum and Accademia Gallery, as well as his family home Casa Buonarroti.
- The influence of the Medici, the great Renaissance family that ruled this city politically during the Renaissance and patronized its prominent artists, including Michelangelo, can be seen all over Florence. Together with Siro, you'll delve into the history and patronage of the family, visiting several key sites connected with them, including the Medici Chapels and Medici Palace.
- How many days would you like the itinerary to be?
- Do you have specific goals for your trip?
- Which sites and venues would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Do you have any mobility concerns?
- Who are you traveling with? What are their ages and interests?