- 2 days
- Full-day tour of Lisbon with a local expert
- Meet in a cafe near the Príncipe Real district for an introduction to Lisbon
- Morning tour of neighborhoods Bairro Alto, Chiado, and Baixa
- Sites include São Pedro de Alcântara, Lisbon Cathedral, Praça do Comércio, and São Roque Church
- Local lunch with guide (at own expense)
- Afternoon tour of Alfama, São Jorge Castle, and Miradouro das Portas do Sol
- Sintra excursion with a local expert
- Half-day (4.5 hours) or full-day option (8 hours)
- Meet at Lisbon train station
- Morning tour of the National Palace, Sintra, and Quinta da Regaleira
- Afternoon options include lunch (at own expense) and Pena Palace tour (please select at checkout)
- Transport options—via train or private car service
Can we visit Pena Palace in the shortened tour?
No. This is not possible in the time duration.
Can I visit Cascais or Cabo da Roca on the Sintra tour?
Yes, however, you will need to select the extension option as we will need a car service. We will swap Pena Palace out for Cascais/Cabo da Roca. Please let us know in your client notes this is what you would like to do.
I'd like to do this package on non-consecutive days (a few days apart). Is this possible?
Born in the North of England, Ian was raised around the historic docks of Liverpool where a love of Maritime history was born. He went on to study Archaeological sciences with the aim of specialising in Marine archaeology. His four years of study saw him divert from his original aim and concentrate on Roman imperial architecture and Urbanisation in the Ancient world. Working as an archaeologist for a number of years across Italy and the UK, Ian has spent 7 years working as a tour guide in Rome before the lure of the sea and sunshine brought him to Lisbon where he continues to research the urban landscape and the city’s vital relationship with the sea.
Marco António Noivo was born in Lisbon. He has been an official tour guide since 1996, passionate about history and art for as long as he can remember. He has a college degree in tourism and a Masters in history of art. He specializes in cultural touring and historical/military tourism, particularly the Napoleonic period. He is also a university lecturer in the areas of patrimony and dedicates himself to the training of future tour guides. His adventurous spirit and passion for knowledge create experiences that rediscover the soul of Portugal and Portuguese culture.
Catarina is a proud daughter of Lisbon. Having originally studied Conservation and Restoration, her passion for her home town led her to pursue a second degree in Tourism. In addition to working as a licensed tour guide, she is currently finishing her Master's degree in Art History. She loves her city, her work and the delight in the faces of visitors when discovering the wonders of Lisbon.