- 3 hours
- Product Type
- Churchill War Rooms
- Dive into a captivating historical adventure led by top local experts, revealing the clandestine operations of London's WWII governmental offices.
- Book a bespoke private tour tailored just for you and your group, or opt for a small group tour, joining up to 6 fellow enthusiasts for a unique exploration.
As you step out onto Whitehall, your guide will bring to life the stories of famous and everyday heroes of the era. From here you might opt to stroll through this historic neighborhood, visiting landmarks like the Guards Chapel and Buckingham Palace. You'll be able to discuss the Royal Family's significant wartime role, including King George VI's 1939 speech. Your journey ends with a rich understanding of the Blitz's impact on London, the collective efforts to rebuild the city, and a deeper appreciation of Churchill's legendary leadership and enduring legacy.
- Churchill War Rooms – A secret underground bunker in London used during World War II as the nerve center of British operations, where Prime Minister Winston Churchill and his government conducted strategic planning and decision-making.
- Whitehall – A historic road in the heart of London, is renowned as the hub of British government and the site of iconic buildings like Downing Street and the Ministry of Defense.
- Your tour booking includes timed-entry admission tickets to the Churchill War Rooms.
- With your tickets, our group will benefit from access to a dedicated lane. Please note, that there might be a short wait as we undergo necessary security checks.
You will generally spend about one hour in the War Rooms.
Why is the tour limited to six guests?
Our tour is intentionally kept small, limited to six guests, to comply with the venue's restrictions on group size. Additionally, this cap allows each guest to receive personalized attention from the guide, enhancing the overall quality and intimacy of the tour.
If there are any accessibility concerns that your tour guide will need to be aware of, please let our team know at the time of booking.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.