Growing up in Edinburgh, Alan’s early fascination with history and heritage was inspired by Scotland’s unrivaled wealth of castles, abbeys and stately homes. He studied at Glasgow University, completing an MA in History of Art which incorporated everything from classical sculpture to medieval architecture and modernist design. This led him into a career in the London art world. After working as both an antique dealer and an auctioneer, he ended up as a senior specialist in Contemporary Art at an international auction house.
- How many days would you like the itinerary to be?
- Do you have specific goals for your trip?
- Which sites and venues would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Do you have any mobility concerns?
- Who are you traveling with? What are their ages and interests?