- 6 hours
- Product Type
- Roman Bath
Your excursion begins when you step off the train at Salisbury station, where your Context guide and a personal driver await to whisk you into Southwest England's tranquil countryside. Salisbury Cathedral, where the Magna Carta was signed, is the first important landmark you'll glimpse on your tour.
By around 10:30 AM, you'll be one of the first few guests to navigate the incredible Stonehenge. Your Context guide will lead your party on a private walking tour of the site and provide key historical insights. Thanks to our early start, you should have the opportunity to explore this landmark UNESCO site with fewer crowds and more personal space.
For lunch, you have the flexibility to choose how you'd like to dine. For a quicker meal, you might purchase a sandwich at Stonehenge to enjoy on the go, this allows more time to wander Bath's charming historic center before your timed admission tickets. Alternatively, you can opt for a more leisurely lunch experience once your driver brings you into the city, where there will be more variety to choose from.
In Bath, the elegance of Georgian architecture and the legacy of Ancient Romans come to life. The centerpiece is the Great Roman Bath itself — a lead-lined pool filled with steaming, natural hot water where the Romans once bathed. You can walk around the edges and see it from the ancient pavements that surround it. Your guide will then lead you through the museum onsite – which houses artifacts including Roman coins and personal items – giving you a deeper understanding of the historical context.
As your day trip reaches its end at Bath's train station, we'll help you select the best train route back to your accommodation in London. You depart with not just memories, but with a richer understanding of England's historical canvas, certain to resonate long after your trip concludes.
- Salisbury: Once greeted by your guide, you’ll glimpse Salisbury's historic charm, including its cathedral, during a scenic drive towards your main destinations.
- Stonehenge: You'll immerse yourself in the ancient atmosphere of Stonehenge, guided by an expert to unravel the secrets of this prehistoric marvel.
- Town of Bath: Depending on time, you may choose to wander along the stately Great Pulteney Street, admiring the Georgian architecture.
- Roman Baths & Museum: You'll experience the exquisitely maintained ruins and dive into a rich collection of historical artifacts within the accompanying museum.
- Your Stonehenge & Roman Bath admission tickets are covered by the tour cost.
- Please note that our timed tickets will provide skip-the-line access, but there may still be a queue for security and crowd-control purposes.
- You will need to purchase your own train tickets. Additional details will be in your order confirmation.
Pre-tour: You'll need to purchase train tickets from London to Salisbury. For efficiency and convenience, we've tailored this segment of the day trip to utilize train travel, as it offers a quicker and more direct route than driving.
- Travel Tip: Depart from Waterloo Station for a direct, approximately 90-minute train ride on the South Western Railway.
- Meet-up: You'll greet your Context guide and driver at Salisbury train station, between 9:30 AM - 9:45 AM.
- Stonehenge Visit: A short, scenic drive (usually under 30 minutes) takes you from Salisbury to Stonehenge.
- Travel to Bath: After touring Stonehenge, your journey continues with a drive to the historic town of Bath.
Return Trip: The day concludes at Bath train station, where your guide will help you purchase a train ticket back to London.
- Travel Tip: Trains generally depart once every 30 minutes from Bath back to Paddington Station via the Great Western Railway
- We're happy to suggest dining spots, but lunch isn't covered by the tour fee, so you have the freedom to choose.
- You can grab a quick bite on your way to Bath and explore the city on foot before your Roman Baths visit, or opt for a relaxed group lunch in Bath.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.