- 3.5 hours
- Product Type
- Florence Duomo
- Museo dell'Opera Del Duomo
- Baptistery of St. John
- Florence Duomo Terraces
You will take in sweeping views of the city below and the dome above, and the elaborate rose window, or rosone, will be just within reach. You'll discover the engineering work involved in its construction and your guide will share their insight into Brunelleschi’s genius ways.
After admiring the views of the city and the Tuscan hills beyond, you will descend into the main cathedral and be guided through the areas of the majestic Duomo complex. You will be awed by the volume of space created by the dome and the peaceful stillness in one of the largest cathedrals in Europe. Your expert guide will narrate the captivating tale of the cathedral's construction, spanning nearly six centuries.
You will then venture into the Baptistery of St. John, an octagonal marvel crowned by a shimmering bronze dome, and admire Ghiberti’s famed doors depicting scenes from the Old and the New Testament in cast bronze. Finally, you'll head across the square to see the Duomo Museum, in existence for one hundred and fifty years and newly renovated in 2015.
As your exclusive and unforgettable experience draws to a close, you'll take with you an indelible imprint of the city's splendor, the magnificence of fifteenth-century engineering and its legacy on Florence and the world today.
- You crave an elevated experience with a guide who has advanced academic knowledge
- You want to avoid the crowds by having an exclusive and private experience
- You want to connect to a deeper level to the history of Florence to frame the rest of your trip
- Florence Duomo – named Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, fourth largest church in the world renowned for its awe-inspiring dome.
- Duomo Museum – museum dedicated to the history and art of the Florence Cathedral.
- Baptistery of St. John – octagonal-shaped religious building known for its intricate bronze doors depicting scenes from the Old and the New Testament.
- Includes skip-the-line access tickets to the Florence Duomo and a private visit to the Terraces level.
- Upon receiving your order, our team will secure a guide. We pre-reserve the dates and time slots; this tour is available on a limited basis and sells out quickly.
- There is no elevator access to reach the terraces level as it is only reachable by climbing 150 stairs. The terrace visit is not possible to do in a wheelchair, with a walker or for someone with climbing difficulties. The rest of the tour can be done by someone with mobility restrictions.
- Service dogs are allowed if you have a medical certificate proving the need.
Are we alone in the Duomo and Baptistery on this tour?
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.