- 3 hours
- Product Type
- Jerónimos Monastery
- Padrão dos Descobrimentos (Monument to the Discoveries)
- Belém Tower (exterior)
- You’re curious to explore Portuguese history outside of central Lisbon.
- You're passionate about architecture and want to explore a prime example of Manueline gothic architecture.
- If you are traveling with children, we can arrange for a family-friendly guide.
- Jerónimos Monastery-UNESCO World Heritage site, an important example of Manueline architecture
- Padrão dos Descobrimentos-monument honoring the Age of Discovery and Portuguese explorers
- Belém Tower (exterior)- UNESCO World Heritage site, stands as an emblem of the Age of Discovery
- There will be scheduled breaks for restroom use and moments to rest throughout the tour.
- We strive to accommodate all guests, so please inform us of any mobility needs or concerns when you book your tour.
- Your tickets to the Jéronimos Monastery are pre-purchased.
- This tour does not enter the Bélem Tower.
Though we used to meet for pastels here, it has gotten too busy and reduces the time of the tour. Instead, we share its fascinating history and encourage you to return outside of tour time.
They limit their capacity and it's not possible to skip the line which means a long waiting time. The interior is also not overly impressive, we choose to focus on the exterior with its immense facades and interesting carvings.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.