We’ve designed a 48-hour itinerary ideal for the first-time visitor to Lisbon, led by an expert guide. Day 1 includes an in-depth tour of the historic center as well as the hilltop Alfama neighborhood. Day 2 involves an excursion to Sintra, a UNESCO world heritage site and former royal sanctuary. This is a fitting 2-day experience for anyone keen on seeing the best of Lisbon and its environs.
Highlight 1 - Expert-led private tours
Highlight 2 - Get an in-depth introduction to Portuguese culture and history
Tagline - Your 48-hour dive into Lisbon and Sintra
- Full-day tour of Lisbon with a local expert
- Meet in a cafe near the Príncipe Real district for an introduction to Lisbon
- Morning tour of neighborhoods Bairro Alto, Chiado, and Baixa
- Sites include São Pedro de Alcântara, Lisbon Cathedral, Praça do Comércio, and São Roque Church
- Local lunch with guide (at own expense)
- Afternoon tour of Alfama, São Jorge Castle, and Miradouro das Portas do Sol
- Sintra excursion with a local expert
- Half-day (4.5 hours) or full-day option (8 hours)
- Meet at Lisbon train station
- Morning tour of the National Palace, Sintra, and Quinta da Regaleira
- Afternoon options include lunch (at own expense) and Pena Palace tour (please select at checkout)
- Transport options—via train or private car service
At the end of our 2-day Lisbon + Sintra combination tour, we will leave with a greater grasp of both locations. We’ll have traveled across the cities to visit both popular sites and, lesser-known pockets, along with a UNESCO World Heritage Site, a mere train ride from the capital. We will emerge with a more contextualized approach to Portuguese history, culture, and traditions, thanks to our expert guides.
About our Lisbon 2-Day package
Where do we meet for Day 1?
We meet in a cafe near the Príncipe Real. Your confirmation will list the exact address.
Where do we meet for Day 2?
We meet near Rossio Train station in Lisbon. You will take the train to Sintra with your guide (the ride is about 35 minutes). If you have selected the extension option, you will be met at your hotel by your guide, driver and the car.
Where does the Sintra tour end?
If you choose the 4.5-hour option, the tour ends in Sintra. You will have return train tickets that can be used anytime. Most people choose to stay in Sintra, have lunch, and return to Lisbon independently. If you choose the full-day option, you will return to Lisbon with your guide.
Can we visit Pena Palace in the shortened tour?
No. This is not possible in the time duration.
Can we arrange a car service?
Yes, however, we would advise a car service only for Day 2. Please select this option at checkout if you would like. Day 1 is spent mostly in Lisbon’s very narrow streets and driving is not the suggested method of touring the city. Adding a vehicle would significantly alter the walk route.
Can I visit Cascais or Cabo da Roca on the Sintra tour?
Yes, however, you will need to select the extension option as we will need a car service. We will swap Pena Palace out for Cascais/Cabo da Roca. Please let us know in your client notes this is what you would like to do.
I'd like to do this package on non-consecutive days (a few days apart). Is this possible?
Yes, depending on venue closures. Please let us know in your client notes your preferred dates for Day 1 and Day 2 and we can do our best to work around them.
What is included in the cost?
The price of the tours, expert guide, museum entrances, and return train trip are included. The cost of lunch is not included on either day.