- 3 hours
- Product Type
- Churchill War Rooms
- Embark on an immersive journey through history with top local experts as they unveil the operational secrets of London's WWII Governmental offices
- Indulge in a private tour exclusively for you and your party, or join a small group tour with up to 10 other adventurers to experience the Churchill War Rooms like never before.
Your tour starts at the Churchill War Rooms. After a brief introduction, you will learn about the daily operations in this high-security bunker. You will hear the story of how in 1938 the New Public Offices building, with its strong steel frame, large basement, and strategic location, was selected to host the most secretive and important office of WWII.
From there, your discussion will focus on Prime Minister Winston Churchill, including his crucial role in the fight against the Axis Powers and his ability to cement the 'Big Three' Alliance with Russia and the United States. You will visit the famous Map Room, learn about the techniques used to communicate with the outside world and examine how the Cabinet War Rooms remained operational for six years.
- Churchill War Rooms – A secret underground bunker in London used during World War II as the nerve center of British operations, where Prime Minister Winston Churchill and his government conducted strategic planning and decision-making.
- Your Booking will includes timed-entry skip-the-line admission tickets to the Churchill War Rooms.
- With these tickets, our group will have exclusive access to a dedicated lane, ensuring a smoother and quicker entry process while maintaining strict security and crowd control measures.
You will generally spend about one hour in the War Rooms.
What are skip-the-line tickets?
If there are any accessibility concerns that your tour guide will need to be aware of, please let our team know at the time of booking.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.