- 4 hours
- Product Type
- Pisa Baptistery
- Borgo Stretto
- Campo dei Miracoli
- Pisa Duomo
- Leaning Tower
Alongside your expert guide, you'll delve into the city's dramatic political rivalries with Florence, as the Ghibelline flag bearer against the Guelph stronghold. You'll amble through the bustling Borgo Stretto, the city's main artery, where ancient walls whisper tales of Pisa's maritime glory. You'll unravel the mysteries of the Arno River, a lifeline that has shaped Pisa's history and identity for centuries.
In the heart of the city, you'll discover the prestigious universities, renowned for their academic excellence. You'll venture into the Campo dei Miracoli, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and home to the iconic Duomo, Baptistery, and Leaning Tower. Admiring the stunning Romanesque architecture of the Duomo, the majestic baptismal fount by Nicola Pisano in the Baptistery, and the enigmatic Leaning Tower, you will experience the sensation of Pisa's resilience and defiance. Your guide will lead you through unearthing the hidden treasures of the lesser-known areas of the complex, where masterpieces await to be discovered.
You will savor the lingering charm of Pisa as you stroll through its quaint streets and piazzas, imbued with a captivating blend of history, culture, and everyday life. Join your expert guide on an unforgettable journey to unveil the hidden gems of Pisa, a city that transcends its iconic landmark. At the end of the excursion, your guide will be more than happy to accompany you back to the train station, or, if you'd like to extend your Pisan experience, make a reservation at a local trattoria to enjoy a traditional meal.
- You’re looking to explore the city on foot and absorb fascinating insights at every turn
- You’re hoping to discover the city through the eyes of a local expert
- You love to walk and want to cover a lot of ground to orient yourself in the city
- Pisa Baptistery – cylindrical Romanesque structure renowned for its marble carvings, mosaics, and iconic leaning posture.
- Pisa Duomo – Romanesque cathedral with striped marble façade, soaring bell tower, and elliptical dome.
- Leaning Tower – world-famous bell tower with a distinctive tilt.
- Campo dei Miracoli – sacred complex home to Pisa's landmarks: the Baptistery, Duomo and Leaning Tower.
- Borgo Stretto – picturesque medieval street that intersects the heart of Pisa.
- This tour is partially accessible. The tour is relatively walking intensive and involves climbing stairs and maneuvering on cobbled streets. However, the itinerary can be adapted for clients with mobility issues.
- There are wheelchair-accessible ramps at Campo dei Miracoli, specifically at the Baptistery and Duomo. Entry to the Leaning Tower, not included on this tour, is not accessible as it only has stairs and no elevator.
- If you have mobility concerns, please contact us to discuss the best tour option for you.
How can we get to Pisa from Florence?
You may travel by train or by car from Florence to Pisa. It depends on the train, however, it usually takes between 45 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes. We recommend checking the train timetables on the Trenitalia site. It also takes around the same length of time to drive.
Can we be met by our guide in Florence?
Your guide is a local expert, so you will meet directly in Pisa. If you would like the convenience of help getting to Pisa, please contact us to arrange a private car for you.
Does this tour include climbing the Leaning Tower of Pisa?
No, if you would like to set up a visit to the Tower following your tour, you can set up reservations using this link to the OPA website. We strongly recommend this, as lines are normally quite long to enter and reservations must be made at least two weeks in advance.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.