- 2 hours
- Product Type
- Ospedale degli Innocenti
- Florence Duomo
- Piazza della Signoria
- Piazza della Repubblica
- Ponte Vecchio
This tour is intended as an orientation walk to give us a sense of the city, and to let you feel its pulse. You will likely visit the Piazza SS. Annunziata, an integral public space in the Florence city center, to look at the Ospedale degli Innocenti, a historic building designed by Filippo Brunelleschi. You may also stroll down the shop and cafe-filled Via dei Servi to check out the exterior of Brunelleschi's later masterpiece, the Duomo, where you will learn about the importance of the cathedral and nearby Baptistery in Florentine art and civic history.
From here, your course will depend on the interests of the group and the specialty of the guide. You may move deeper into the center, perhaps to Piazza Signoria, the government center of Renaissance Florence, or to Piazza Republica, which is filled with fire-breathers, jugglers, and some of the most famous cafes in Florence. Perhaps your guide will take their time with you, stopping for a glass of wine or gelato and enjoying the atmosphere of the city. You may end up talking about anything from fashion or coffee to the Medicis or Michelangelo, depending on your mood. By the end of your tour, your guide will have fostered an experience that gives you a deeper understanding of this most fascinating city and leaves you well-prepared and eager for future exploration.
- It's your first time in Florence and you're seeking to orientate yourself
- You’re returning to Florence and want to dive deeper to experience its essence from a local expert
- Florence Duomo (exterior) – A soaring testament to the ingenuity and artistry of the Italian Renaissance
- Piazza della Repubblica – A captivating square that embodies the city's timeless charm
- Ponte Vecchio – The iconic and majestic bridge spanning the Arno River
- Travel in Florence must be done over the cobblestones and hills that cover most of the city. Visitors with difficulty walking or wheelchair users might need to have a revised itinerary.
- Service dogs are allowed if you have a medical certificate proving the need.
- For more information about Context tours, please visit our FAQs.
Yes, this tour visits some of the same venues as our Florence in a Day Tour with Uffizi and Accademia Galleries Skip-the-Line Tickets and our Introduction to Florence Tour: Accademia Gallery, Michelangelo's David and Skip-the-Line Tickets.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.