- Expertly-planned 4 day, 4 night itinerary in Mexico City
- Understand the history of Mexico City, from the Aztecs to modern times
- Casa Azul (Frida Kahlo Museum), Museum Studio Diego Rivera and Frida Kahlo, Teotihuacan Pyramids, Bellas Artes Museum, Zócalo, Metropolitan Cathedral, Roma Neighborhood, Condesa Neighborhood, A Local Market, and National Museum of Anthropology
- Explore: A fully immersive 4-day, 4-night journey to familiarize ourselves with Mexico City's past and present
- Learn: Private tours to Teotihuácan, Casa Azul, National Anthropology Museum, and Centro Historicó landmarks
- Connect: Exclusive opportunity to learn from a top-class expert, and create memories alongside fellow curious travelers
- Unwind: Our team of experts on the ground has managed all the details, so guests can relax and enjoy carefree travel
- On Tour: Context Expert Lead Guide Julio, a Mexico City native holding a BA in fine arts and an MFA in urban landscapes. Julio will accompany you for the entire trip, and will be joined by a number of other expert guides and a professional tour leader. For more on Julio, click here.
- Transfers: Private transfers based on flight arrival and departure times.
- Food & Drink: Select meals, plus welcome and farewell receptions. Bottled water throughout.
- Accommodation: 4 nights at 5-star St. Regis Mexico City.
- Logistics: Baggage handling and taxes.
- Activities/Fees: Included for all per itinerary.
- Trace the history of Mexico City from its days as the center of the Aztec Empire to the modern metropolis that is CDMX today, in the company of local artists, historians, and archeologists.
- Understand the foundations of downtown Mexico City itself, with guided visits to sites around the Zócalo, and an in-depth visit to the Anthropology museum.
- Take a guided excursion to see the Aztec ruins and pyramids of Teotihuacan, a UNESCO World Heritage site, with a practicing archeologist.
- Learn about the art and dramas behind the famous artist couple Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera, with guided visits through their homes and studios.
- Get a local look at Mexican food and beverage with an exploration of Mercado Coyoacan.
*Final Itinerary Subject to Change Based on Venue Availability*
At a Glance:
- Arrive from the airport and check in to the hotel in central Mexico City
- Meet your fellow travelers and local expert for an orientation and architecture tour through Roma and Condesa neighborhoods
- Sit down to a welcome dinner together as a group
At a Glance:
- Start in the Centro Histórico with a narrative that covers Mexico City history from Aztec times to present day
- Tour the Anthropology Museum
- Lunch together in the old city center
At a Glance:
- Visit the awe-inspiring Teotihuácan pyramids with an archaeologist, with lunch on-site
- Relax during a free evening after the day's excursion
At a Glance:
- Tour Casa Azul
- Visit a local market and surrounding neighborhood and take lunch like a local
- Get together for a farewell happy hour with your expert and fellow travelers
For more information, we invite you to explore our FAQ Page. Please email us if you would like to express interest for a 2021 or 2022 departure; we are still setting those dates and can let you know once it becomes available.
Born and raised in Mexico City, Julio Pastor is a proud pedestrian of his native city. He completed a BA in Fine Arts at UNAM. In 2008, he moved to the Netherlands where he completed his MFA, specializing in the Urban Landscape. After seven years, he returned to Mexico and turned the focus of his art production to the city that he roams every day. His art production is thoroughly inspired on what he encounters during his everyday walks, but also by a great deal of reading on topics related to architecture and urbanism. When not working at his art practice, Julio can be found teaching undergraduate drawing courses in the architecture department at the Universidad Iberoamericana, or enjoying the city with his wife and two children.