- Expertly-planned 6 day, 5 night itinerary in the Netherlands. Experience world-class museums and masterpieces from the Golden Age to De Stijl with art historian Sabry Amroussi.
- Small group size (6-10 participants)
- Rijksmuseum, Rembrandt House, Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam Canal Belt, and Mauritshuis
Get in touch about this Journey
Please note that our Journeys are excluded from promotions.
- Explore: Trace this evolution of Dutch art from the Old Masters to Mondrian as we enjoy Dutch culture and life from a local perspective
- Learn: Private tours to guide us through landmark destinations such as the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum, Kröller-Müller Museum, and more!
- Connect: Exclusive opportunity to learn from a top-class expert, and create memories alongside like-minded travelers, in a small group of 6-10 participants
- Unwind: Our team of experts on the ground has managed all the details, so guests can relax and enjoy carefree travel
“Together we'll capture the most authentic view of 400 years of Dutch art and the lifestyle it captures ... looking beyond the cliches of canals and clogs to experience the culture of this beautiful country then and now." – Sabry Amroussi
- Arrive from the airport and check in to the hotel in central Amsterdam
- Meet your fellow travelers and Sabry for an orientation stroll in the neighborhood
- Welcome dinner together as a group
DAY 2: Amsterdam’s Museumplein In Depth
- Breakfast at the hotel
- Rijksmuseum and Van Gogh Museum
- Lunch together in central Amsterdam
- Free time for rest and exploring the city before dinner
- Guests enjoy dinner at leisure - recommendations will be provided
DAY 3: Seventeenth-Century Haarlem and Private Art Collection Evening
- Private transportation takes us outside of the city to explore nearby Haarlem and its intact 17th-century architecture and canal system.
- Teylers Museum - the oldest museum in the Netherlands, an eclectic treasure trove of art and miscellanea
- Frans Hals Museum
- Lunch in Haarlem
- Return to Amsterdam by private transportation
- Rembrandt House
- Private Art Collection Dinner
DAY 4: Exploring The Hague
- Private transportation from central Amsterdam to The Hague
- Mauritshuis Museum - home of Girl with Pearl Earring by Vermeer
- Lunch by the seaside
- Mondrian collection at the Kunstmuseum
- An evening at leisure in Amsterdam
DAY 5: Excursion to the Kröller-Müller Museum and Gardens
- Leave from Amsterdam for the countryside in Otterlo in private transportation
- Experience the magic of the Kröller-Müller's Van Gogh Collection and nearby nature preserve on a personal tour
- Return to the city for free time and a chance for last-minute shopping
- Amsterdam Canal Cruise and sunset cocktails
- Farewell dinner as a group in central Amsterdam
DAY 6: Departure
Travelers depart for flights home – or onwards to their next destination.
For more information, we invite you to explore our FAQ Page or get in touch about this Journey. To reserve a spot on this tour, you can either place an order from this page or email us. We will charge a $1000 non-refundable deposit to reserve your place, with the balance due 3 months before travel. A single supplement will apply to individual travelers who wish to have a private room.
Sabry Amroussi is an art historian and writer living and working in Amsterdam. He specializes in the art of the Dutch Golden Age, mainly in the works of Rembrandt and his school, and also has a keen interest in the Jewish history of Amsterdam. He lectures and teaches on both subjects, and gives art historical tours all across Europe. As a true omnivore when it comes to art, culture, and even cuisine, he has worked with and for major museums and collectors, such as the LACMA, Rijksmuseum, van Gogh Museum and the P de Boer Collection in Amsterdam. As a guide for Context, he is eager to share this knowledge in real life, always with a big scoop of humor, often intermingling art with social life, cuisine, and history.