- 2.5 hours
- Product Type
- Tower of London
- Spark a Love for History in Young Minds: This tour is perfect for parents wanting to instill a passion for learning and history in their children.
- Create Unforgettable Memories: Make lasting memories with a unique, educational, and fun family outing.
- Benefit from Expert Guidance: Led by a historian specialized in family-friendly tours, ensuring an informative and captivating experience of this overwhelming venue.
- Immerse Your Family in History: Ideal for families with children, this tour is crafted to make history come alive through hands-on activities and storytelling.
- Learn About Medieval Life and Customs: You'll gain insights into the historical context and significance of the Tower, including its role as a royal residence and prison.
- Includes skip-the-line access tickets to the Tower of London
- Our skip-the-line tickets will get us to a special lane where our group may have to stand in line due to security and crowd control measures.
- Your tour begins near the entrance, at a location specified in your confirmation email, which includes a map for easy reference. It concludes within the Tower grounds.
- For more information on planning your tour, take a read through our Context Stories.
- If you are looking to learn more about London prior to a visit, check out our online lectures and audio guides.
- The Tower of London has unique architectural features that contribute to the Tower's historical authenticity, but may impact accessibility for those with mobility concerns and can be difficult for maneuvering strollers. Your Context guide will be able to assist in navigating these areas.
- Expect a moderate amount of walking; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- There will be a break for restroom use and opportunities to rest as needed.
- Please communicate your needs with your guide throughout the tour.
- Wheelchairs can be provided free on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Please let our team know in advance of any mobility concerns.
- There is a lift in the White Tower that assists with access to and from the basement, though only one wheelchair user is allowed in the basement at a time for safety reasons.
- Ramps are available at the New Armouries café and near the Raven shop.
- Accessible restrooms are available at various locations within the Tower complex.
- The nearby Tower Hill (Underground), London Bridge (Overground), and Tower Gateway (DLR) stations are equipped with lifts to street level.
- Blue Badge parking bays are available nearby at Tower Hill Coach and Car Park.
- Are permitted at the Tower. Please inform our team ahead of time so that we can coordinate with the venue's staff.
What is the maximum number of guests allowed on this private tour?
This tour accommodates up to 10 guests, ensuring a personalized and intimate experience with focused attention from your guide. Additionally, parents or guardians must accompany their children for the entirety of the tour.
How long is the tour? Are there breaks, especially for younger children?
The tour lasts approximately 2.5 hours. Yes, we'll be happy to adapt the pace as needed. Please communicate your group's needs with your guide throughout the walking tour.
What is the recommended age range for children on the tour? Are the themes and content suitable for young kids?
This tour is generally designed for children aged 4-12, with content tailored to be engaging and suitable for young minds. The themes are presented in a child-friendly manner, ensuring that even the youngest participants can enjoy and learn from the experience. If you're traveling with teenagers or young adults, our flagship Tower of London Tour may be a better fit.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.