- 8 hours
- A comprehensive view into the history and culture of Palermo & Monreale for first-time or returning visitors
- Led by a PhD or MA-level historian or cultural expert
- La Martorana, Palermo Cathedral, Capo Market, Immacolata Concezione, Santa Caterina, Piazza Verdi, Piazza Pretoria, Piazza Bellini, Quattro Canti, and Cathedral of Monreale
- Piazzas (Verdi, Pretoria, Bellini)
- Santa Caterina
- La Martorana
- Quatro Canti
- Immacolata Concezione
- Capo Market
- Palermo's Cathedral
- Monreale's Cathedral & Cloister
- 8 hours with a PhD or MA level guide
- All entrance costs and taxi transfer from Palermo to Monreale
Naida is an Art Historian with a Master’s Degree in Art History from the University of Palermo, and a Master’s Degree in Cultural management, from the University of Rome. She specialized in contemporary art, and for the past few years, she has been involved in developing educational programmes for both children and adults, in various schools and museums across Sicily. Naida lives in Palermo and loves to take her groups through off the beaten paths. She is also passionate about local cuisine and loves to lead walks that are related to the city’s ancient markets, and its now world famous street food.
Born and raised in Bavaria, Anita studied sociology, psychology and political sciences at the University of Augsburg, where she obtained an M.A. and a Ph.D. on Mediterranean Cultural Patterns. Following a period of research and teaching at different universities Regensburg and Augsburg), she moved to Sicily’s capital in 1997, In addition to leading guided walks, Anita continues doing research on various topics, including mafia-related phenomena. She is also a travel book author. Her latest publication, the Baedeker Sizilien, 2018, won the best guide book series in Italy. Anita also lectures on prestigious cruise ships like Sea Cloud and The World.
Born in Rome, she is an Art historian who gained her History of Art degree from the University of Rome La Sapienza. She had the privilege of growing up in an artistic environment surrounded by Beauty and Art. Whilst living in Rome, she collaborated with an important contemporary art gallery for several years, before moving to Palermo where she developed art projects for the RISO Museo d'arte Contemporanea of Sicily. Her specific background in modern and contemporary art continues to shape her present and forthcoming interests and projects.