- 3 hours
- Product Type
- Hospital de Sant Pau
- Sagrada Familia
- A private tour with your party and a local expert at the top of their field, such as Catalan modernism, as you explore Gaudí’s extraordinary masterpiece
- Unique, personal tours for the intentional traveler, Context tours bring you to iconic venues and show you the hidden gems and stories of cities across the world
Your tour begins with the expansive Hospital de Sant Pau. This ambitious structure, designed by top architect Lluís Domènech i Montaner in 1930 and covering nine square city blocks, has served as an active hospital until 2009. After five years of intense renovations, the complex has recently reopened to the public and now houses cultural and academic institutions, such as the United Nations University and Casa Asia. You’ll explore this space, learning about the Modernisme movement, architect Montaner, and Barcelona's urban planning and development since the 1930s.
- You seek to gain a deeper understanding of Barcelona’s world-renowned and once-controversial Art Nouveau architecture—or as it is referred to in Catalonia, Modernisme.
- If you’re a Gaudí’s fan, we recommend you also take a look at our Gaudí Architecture Tour through Barcelona.
- If you’re traveling with children under the age of 12, we recommend our family-oriented Gaudí Tour for Kids.
- Sagrada Familia – An awe-inspiring basilica in Barcelona, Spain, designed by the renowned architect Antoni Gaudí, characterized by its intricate facades and ongoing construction since the late 19th century.
- Hospital de Sant Pau – A magnificent modernist hospital complex that showcases stunning architecture and harmonious integration of art and functionality.
- We meet at a café near the Hospital Sant Pau and end at the Sagrada Familia.
- The exact meeting point and map are communicated in your confirmation email.
- Includes Skip-the-line tickets to Sagrada Família.
- Our tickets will get us to a special entrance where our group will have to stand in line due to security and crowd control measures.
- Please be advised that the Sagrada Família is an exceptionally popular and iconic venue. As it operates with strict capacity limits, tickets can sell out well in advance, particularly during peak travel seasons.
- To ensure your visit and avoid disappointment, we strongly recommend booking your tickets as early as possible in advance of your planned travel dates.
- Includes admission tickets to Hospital de Sant Pau
- Private tours are offered daily.
- Small group tours are offered on select days during the summer months.
- The distance between the two venues is 1 kilometer (just over a half mile, approximately a 15-minute walk), and the surfaces are flat and paved.
- The Hospital de Sant Pau is fully accessible and offers wheelchairs for rent.
- Sagrada Família is wheelchair accessible as well.
- If you have mobility concerns, please contact us to discuss the best tour option for you.
What is the difference between a Small Group and a Private Tour?
Context Travel offers both Private and Small Group Tours. Private tours are booked between your party and a local expert, where you'll be given a private tour of the venue. Small Groups are similar to what you might associate with a typical "walking tour." Capped at a maximum of six per group, you'll be joined by other travelers who have purchased the same tour and tour the venue as a group.
Both offer the same Context experience — an incredibly unique, deep dive into a place or subject led by a world-class expert in their field showing you the highlights of iconic venues alongside hidden gems and surprising stories.
The tickets obtained for this tour do not grant access to the towers. However, on the day of the tour, your guide may be able to help you upgrade your tickets to include tower access – subject to availability. It's important to note that climbing the towers entails navigating numerous stairs and often experiencing significant crowds, making it an experience we do not strongly recommend during peak travel season.
What are Skip-the-Line Tickets?
With skip-the-line tickets for this tour, your admission is pre-purchased, enabling you to bypass the ticket purchasing queue. However, please note that you may still need to wait briefly in a security line or a line for the scanning of your pre-purchased ticket at the cathedral's entrance.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.