- Spend a day meandering through the exquisite architecture and collections of Musée Jacquemart André and Musée Nissim de Camondo where Marie will teach you the finer points of opulent 18th-century French decorative arts and share the stories of the financiers who commissioned and collected them.
- Immerse yourself in the Gothic architecture of Saint-Étienne-du-Mont and Saint-Eustache. Marie will trace the medieval roots of each site and teach you how to read the elaborate layers of Classical, Gothic, and Renaissance motifs, structures, stained glass, and painting cycles.
- Venture out to the stunning 17th-century Chateau de Vaux-le-Vicomte. Commissioned by Nicolas Fouquet, the Superintendent of Finance to King Louis XIV, the chateau was built by the dynamic trio architect Louis Le Vau, painter Charles Le Brun, and gardener André Le Notre. Marie will share how this visionary team so impressed Louis XIV that he brought them into his fold to build his own Chateau de Versailles.
- How many days would you like the itinerary to be?
- Do you have specific goals for your trip?
- Which sites and venues would you like to prioritize? Do you want to just pass by or explore inside as well?
- Do you have any mobility concerns?
- Who are you traveling with? What are their ages and interests?