- 3 hrs
- Product Type
- Barcelona Cathedral
- El Call (Medieval Jewish Quarter)
- El Born
- La Rambla
- La Boqueria
This three hour introductory tour takes you to the heart of Barcelona. Led by a local with expertise in Spanish and Barcelonian history, this tour was designed to introduce the complex and beautiful city to first-time visitors. Our walk through the Barri Gótic, or Gothic Quarter is the perfect place to uncover the many layers of Barcelona’s past.
- You want to learn about the history of Barcelona's most historic neighbor hood and see sites like Plaza Nova, the old Roman city gate, La Boqueria, Las Ramblas, and more.
- If you’re want to explore La Boqueria more deeply, we recommend our Barcelona Food Tour
- If you’re traveling with children under the age of 12, we recommend our shorter Gothic Quarter for Kids tour, which is led by experts specially trained in educating children.
- We meet opposite the main cathedral in front of the Hotel Colon, and end the tour on Las Ramblas.
- Your confirmation email will have the exact meeting point details along with a map.
- If you are looking to learn more about Barcelona prior to a visit, check out our online lectures at Context Learning.
- Browse our Context Stories to learn even more about what to do during your trip to Barcelona.
- The route may include narrow sidewalks and cobblestoned streets; please contact us to discuss in more detail your mobility concerns so that we can best advise. We are always happy to discuss possible adjustments for visitors with mobility concerns.
- If you have mobility concerns, please contact us to discuss the best tour option for you.
As an introduction tour, you will not visit the interior of the market on this tour. If you'd like to enter for a more immersive market experience, we recommend the Barcelona Food Tour.
Will this tour enter the Barcelona Cathedral?
What is the difference between a Small Group and a Private Tour?
Context Travel offers both Private and Small Group Tours. Private tours are booked between your party and a local expert, where you'll be given a private tour of the venue. Small Groups are similar to what you might associate with a typical "walking tour." Capped at a maximum of six per group, you'll be joined by other travelers who have purchased the same tour and tour the venue as a group.
Both offer the same Context experience — an incredibly unique, deep dive into a place or subject led by a world-class expert in their field showing you the highlights of iconic venues alongside hidden gems and surprising stories.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.