- 8 hours
- Product Type
- Ueno Park
- Yanesen district
- You're seeking to immerse yourself in Tokyo's rich history and vibrant culture in a single day.
- You're ready to gain a deeper understanding of Japanese society, religion, and traditions through expert narration.
- You're curious about navigating Tokyo's infamous metro system with the ease of a local.
- Yanesen: Step back in time in this charming district that echoes the Edo period. You could meander through its inviting alleyways, explore unique craft shops, and indulge in the ritual of matcha at a traditional café.
- Ueno Park: Home to multiple museums and a zoo, it's an idyllic spot for cherry blossom viewing or enjoying a leisurely picnic.
- Asakusa: Immerse yourself in the traditional vibes of Tokyo as you wander along Nakamise Street, sample delightful street food, and shop for souvenirs that tell a story.
- Senso-ji Temple: Experience the spiritual heart of Tokyo at its oldest temple. While being led through the crowds, you'll be part of a timeless ritual observed by millions.
- We recognize the need for moments of rest during full-day tours. Whether to catch your breath, take a sip of water, or simply soak in the surroundings, there will be ample opportunities to rest and regroup along the way.
- Please communicate with your guide throughout the day if adjustments are needed.
- For more information on planning your trip, take a read through our Context Stories.
- If you are looking to learn more about Tokyo prior to a visit, check out our online lectures and audio guides.
- This walking tour typically involves the use of public transit and walking through narrow lanes and crowded spaces.
- The tour includes a significant amount of walking across various terrains. We often cover more than five miles walking distance.
- Most subway stations on the tour route are equipped with elevators; however, subway cars may be crowded.
- Senso-ji Temple is wheelchair-friendly, with a lift on the left side to facilitate accessibility.
- Please communicate any mobility needs or concerns with our team at the time of booking.
We cover a lot of ground on this tour - Tokyo is very big and while we do use public transport to get around on this tour, there is also a lot of walking to do as well. We often cover around 10 miles over the whole tour and therefore wouldn't necessarily recommend it for those who have trouble walking far.
What happens if it's raining?
Where does the tour start? Where does it end?
The tour will begin in the lobby of your hotel, where your guide will give you a general orientation to the city and you'll head out together. The tour usually ends near the Senso-ji temple, but this may vary depending on the exact route your tour takes. Your guide will be able to give you recommendations for somewhere to get some dinner in the city, or can help you out with directions for where you would like to go after the tour.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.