- 4 hours
- Product Type
- Roman Forum & Palatine Hill
- It's your first time in Rome and you're seeking to uncover the essential sites of the Eternal City
- You’re returning to Rome and want to go deeper into archaeology and the Roman Empire subject
- If you're traveling with children under the age of 12, we recommend our family-oriented Ancient Rome for Kids Tour.
- Colosseum – Learn more about this iconic landmark on our Context Stories
- Palatine Hill – Offering a stunning panoramic view of the Roman Forum this was once the location of the home of aristocrats and emperors.
- Roman Forum – A central marketplace for ordinary citizens and noblemen to conduct their daily business.
- Includes skip-the-line access tickets to the Colosseum, the Roman Forum, and Palatine Hill.
- Our special skip-the-line tickets will get us to a fast lane, where our group will have to stand in line due to security measures and a strictly enforced maximum capacity at the Colosseum.
- Upon receiving your order, our team will secure a guide. Once the venue tickets are released, we will purchase them. Our team will be in touch with alternative options if we cannot secure tickets for the date and time you requested.
- Depending on your group size, we may be required by the venue to order headsets in which case you’ll see a “Headset Fee” added to your order.
- The Colosseum and the Roman Forum are wheelchair accessible while the Palatine Hill is not.
- Service dogs are allowed if you have a medical certificate proving the need.
Will I need to bring identification to enter the Colosseum?
Yes, original identification is required to be presented upon entry to the Colosseum for all visitors including children. These should be original documents, copies will not be accepted.
If children under 18 qualify for free tickets, why am I required to purchase a ticket for my child?
While children may enter for free, they are required to stand in the general entrance line if they do so. In order to save time and expedite the tour, we purchase skip-the-line tickets so they may enter as quickly as possible.
What are skip-the-line tickets?
I have purchased the Roma Pass, can I use it on my Context tours?
You cannot use the Roma Pass on your Context tours. Roma Pass holders have to wait in a long line for the non-reserved public entrance to the Colosseum. In order to save time and expedite the tour, we purchase skip-the-line tickets so you may enter as quickly as possible.
Why does this tour only take place early in the morning and late in the afternoon?
In the summer, this tour has an early start or takes place late afternoon to beat the heat.
Reviews can only be left by Context customers after they have completed a tour. For more information about our reviews, please see our FAQ.